Things to bring
Ditholo properties are malaria free. If you plan to visit Kruger National Park then you will need to take malaria medicine. Doctors are within easy reach but any personal prescriptions need to be brought along with you.
- Sun protection
- Lip Balm
- Insect repellent
- Medical prescriptions
- Shaving and cosmetic kit
- Personal toiletries
- Skin moisturizer
- Personal wash cloth
- Small sewing kit and extra buttons
- Small pair of scissors
- Pocket knife
- Locks for luggage whilst in transit
- Diary and pen
- Video equipment, tapes, charging equipment and spare battery
- 220-110 volt converter for personal electrical equipment
- Multi-plug adapter
- Camera and plenty of film
- Hunting rifles and ammunition.
- Clothing should be simple, layered and of a neutral colour. Khaki or an Green/Olive is best.
- Ankle high comfortable boots or walking shoes are a must. Please make sure they are well broken in
- prior to your arrival. Blisters are known to ruin a safari.
- Three changes of comfortable and durable bush clothes are recommended.
- At least one warm jacket is advisable.
- You will also need a hat to protect you from the sun and branches whilst stalking. Baseball caps are OK.
- Casual clothes for before and after the safari.
- Hand gloves is recommended for the chilly early mornings.
- Cotton socks is more effective.
- We recommend that you bring along a rain coat and your well-worn boots.